Warm Spring Salad
Frying Pan, Tongs
1 baby cos lettuce
1 pkt Haloumi cheese [a regular home brand packet of 180g]
1/4 cup unroasted almonds
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1 small apple
Salt & pepper
1. Cut the cos lettuce into 4 quarters.
2. Quarter the apple and carefully cut away the core, then slice thinly.
3. Cut the Haloumi cheese into half, then slice the halves into 3 slices.
4. Toast the almonds in a dry pan on medium heat until lightly browned, then chop coarsely.
5. Lightly oil the pan and cook the slices of Haloumi until golden, turn over and cook the other side.
6. Add a little more oil into the pan and place the quarters of cos lettuce in, cook on medium to high heat until the lettuce is slightly wilted and charred.
7. Cut the tomatoes into half.
8. Add all the ingredients excluding the almonds into a bowl. Toss to combine, adding extra olive oil, salt and pepper and sliced apple.
9. Top with chopped almonds and serve warm.