Soba Noodle Salad
Frying pan, saucepan slice, knife, small bowl, tongs
Video to come
1 bundle wholemeal soba noodles
1 tbsp white miso paste
1/2 chicken breast (4 mushrooms)
1/2 red onion
4 - 6 green beans
1 red chilli
1 cup/handful baby spinach leaves
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp sesame oil
1. Bring 500mL of water to boil in a saucepan, add the soba noodles and cook for a couple of minutes.
2. Carefully remove the noodles into a bowl, and add the chicken breast to the hot water. Turn off heat, cover and leave aside for 7-10 minutes.
3. Use a knife and slash a cross pattern on the surface of the eggplant without cutting all the way through.
4. Spread half the miso paste on the surface of the eggplant and fry cut side down, on medium heat in a frying pan with a little olive oil until soft and cooked.
5. Meanwhile slice the onions, string the beans and cut the chilli into small pieces.
6. Add to the pan with a little more oil if required and cook until onions and beans are just charred.
7. Remove the chicken from the water, check if fully cooked through, then rub the rest of the miso paste on the chicken (or mushrooms)
8. Lower the heat and slice the chicken or mushrooms and add to the pan.
9. Add the noodles, sesame oil and toss through.
10. Add soy sauce and sesame seeds, and stir in the baby spinach leaves and extra olive oil.
11. Serve warm or cold.