Frying Pan, Mixing Bowls, Knife, Microwave
Video to come
1/2 pkt microwavable black rice
1 medium size beetroot
1 fresh corn
1/2 pkt fetta cheese
3 iceberg lettuce leaves
1. Add the black rice to a small frying pan and cook on low heat for 1 - 2 minutes until just done.
2. Cut the corn kernels off the cob and place into a bowl.
3. Grate the carrot using the coarse side of the box grater.
4. Cut the avocado into cubes by cutting a lattice pattern with a knife then scooping out the avocado with a spoon.
5. Peel the beetroot, slice thickly and cut into cubes.
6. Crumble the fetta.
7. Add the cooled rice and stir to combine.
8. Add olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
9. Arrange the lettuce leaves to cover the bottom of the serving bowl.
10. Spoon the salad onto the lettuce leaves to serve.