Savoury Cheesy French Toast
Frying Pan, Mixing Bowl, Slice, Knife
Video to come
4 slices wholemeal bread
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
8 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup milk
6 asparagus stalks
salt & pepper
1. Break egg into a bowl and add the milk.
2. Mix the egg and milk using a fork
3. Remove the crusts of the bread slices.
4. Butter the slices by quickly dipping the bread in melted butter.
5. Place the grated cheese on two of the slices of bread
6. Top with halved cherry tomatoes
7. Put the remaining slices on top, and add salt and pepper.
8. Press the edges firmly to seal.
9. Dip the bread into the milk and egg mixture, allowing them to soak and absorb the mixture.
10. Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and add some olive oil.
11. Using the slice, place the dipped sandwiches into the frying pan.
12. Fry until the bottom is golden.
13. Turn over and fry the other side.
14. Remove and place on the chopping board.
15. Break off the ends of the asparagus and add to the pan.
16. Cook until lightly charred.
17. Cut the cooked bread into triangles and serve with asparagus and tomato sauce.