Corn & Egg Soup
Saucepan, knife, tongs, spoon, fork
3 fresh corn - $4.00 a pack
1 egg ~ 40c
2 spring onions - $2.50 for a bunch of 6
500ml vegetable stock - $2.30
1. Remove outer leaves and silk from the corn.
2. Slice away the corn kernels and place aside.
3. Place the cores of the cobs in a pan with a splash of oil and cook for a few minutes, then cover with water and boil for 10 minutes.
4. Finely slice the spring onions, reserving a small handful. Add the rest into the pan.
5. Add the corn kernels and vegetable stock into the pan, and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Using a fork, beat the egg in a small bowl.
7. Reduce the heat, and remove the corn husks using tongs.
8. Add the beaten egg to the pan and stir well using the fork.
9. Take off heat and transfer to a bowl.
10. Garnish with the reserved sliced spring onions, add salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil.
11. Serve with toasted bread croutons.