Share a Plate:
Large Frying pan, slice, knife
[Vegetarian option in square brackets]
1 pkt microwaveable Mexican brown rice family size
2 chorizo sausages [12 mushrooms]
2 spring onions
1/2 red capsicum or 1 red ballhorn pepper
1/2 red onion
1 cup chicken stock [vegetable stock]
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup corn kernels
1. Cut the chorizo sausages lengthways in half and chop into small pieces. [Finely dice the mushroom]
2. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan.
3. Place into frying pan and cook on medium heat to brown lightly.
4. Finely chop up the spring onion, capsicum and red onion.
5. Add the red onion, capsicum and spring onion to the pan, leaving aside some of the green spring onion for garnish.
6. Add the rice and stock into the pan, stirring through.
7. Add the peas and corn and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
8.Garnish with reserved spring onion and serve warm