Pumpkin & Red Lentil Soup
Saucepan, potato masher, knife, ladle
1 cup red lentils
1 celery stick
1/2 brown onion
1 garlic clove
2 sprigs parsley
1 tsp chilli flakes
500mL vegetable stock
1/4 cup natural yoghurt
1 small wholemeal roll
salt & pepper
1. Skin the pumpkin and cut into cubes.
2. Microwave pumpkin until tender.
3. Finely chop the carrot, onion, garlic, celery and stalk of the parsley then cook in a little olive oil until softened.
4. Add the chopped pumpkin and the red lentils.
5. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
6. Lower the heat and simmer for 7-10 minutes until the lentils are soft.
7. Using a potato masher, mash up the lentils and pumpkin until well combined with the vegetables.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Transfer soup to a bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves.
10. Spoon the natural yoghurt over.
11. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil.
12. Serve with a buttered wholemeal bread roll.