Glass Noodle Rolls
Saucepan, box grater, tea towel, tongs, 3 sauce bowls
6 cooked prawns
1 spring onion
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1 lettuce leaf - torn up
1 bundle glass [bean thread] noodles
2 rice paper sheets [circular]
1 red chilli
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup fish sauce or soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1. Bring 500mL water to the boil.
2. Pour into the bowl and place the noodles into the hot water to soak and soften.
3. Using the box grater, grate the carrot and cucumber. Finely slice the spring onion and add all these into the bowl.
4. Combine the shredded carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts, and torn up lettuce.
5. Finely chop the chilli (all or half of it depending on taste).
6. Mix up the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar, and add the juice of the lime and the chilli to make a sauce.
7. Add half the sauce to the salad.
8. Remove the noodles from the water using tongs, then drain and add to the salad.
9. Dip the rice paper in hot water and place on a tea towel.
10. Place 3 prawns on the sheet and top with salad.
11. Fold in the sides and roll up the rice paper.
12. Repeat with the other sheet.
13. Serve with dipping sauce.