Stir Fried Spiced Prawn Noodles
Frying Pan, Saucepan, Spatula
Photos courtesy of Annie Gordon
1 pkt soft hokkien noodles
6-8 cooked or frozen prawns [vegetarian option: Tofu]
1 baby bok choy
1/2 red capsicum
1 spring onion
1/2 red chilli [or more to taste]
1 clove garlic
Soy sauce, salt, pepper, sesame oil
1 sprig coriander for garnish
1. Boil half a saucepan of water, take off heat and add the noodles to the water. Cover and leave to steam.
2. Finely slice the garlic, spring onion, bok choy and chilli. Chop the red capsicum to small dice.
If using the Tofu, cut into small cubes.
3. Drain or carefully lift the noodles from the water and leave in a bowl.
4. Add some oil to the sauce pan and cook the garlic, spring onions, capsicum, chilli and sliced bok choy.
5. Add the prawns or Tofu and soy sauce and the noodles and stir through. Add a splash of soy sauce and mix well.
6. Finally add a splash of sesame oil and serve hot. Garnish with coriander leaves