Saucepan, frying pan, spatula, knife
1 cup wholemeal flour [keep aside 2 tbsp]
1 cup milk
1/2 cup milk extra
1/2 chicken breast [5 mushrooms]
1 spring onion
2 tbsp wholemeal flour [from above]
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 can corn kernels
salt & pepper
1. Place the flour in a medium sized bowl, keeping aside 2tbsp.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the egg.
3. Whisk the mixture together, slowly adding milk to make a thick pancake mixture. Add some salt for taste.
4. Chop the spring onion finely; keep aside some of the sliced green tops.
5. Chop up the chicken breast into small pieces.
6. Melt the butter in a small pan, add 2 tbsp of flour, combine and cook for a minute.
7. Add the milk, stir well and cook until thick, adding more milk or water if it is too thick.
8. Add the chicken [mushrooms] and corn along with some olive oil and cook until tender, then take the pot off the heat.
9. Heat up a splash of oil in a small frying pan.
10. Pour the batter in the frying pan and swirl to coat the pan.
11. Cook until golden, using a slice or spatula to flip the pancake and cook the other side.
12. Cook more pancakes with the remaining batter and keep them on a place when ready.
13. Mix the cheese into the white sauce.
14. Spoon the sauce onto each pancake and roll to enclose.
15. Garnish with reserved spring onions and serve warm.
Makes 3-4 pancakes
Note: You can substitute the chicken for tinned tuna or salmon for simplicity.