Flat breads with Lightly Spiced Vegetables
Frying Pan, Mixing Bowl, Slice, Knife
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 boiled potato
6 green beans
1/2 brown onion
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 green chilli
1 tbsp black mustard seeds
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 tbsp plain yoghurt
1. Add flour to a bowl, add salt and half the warm water and the yoghurt.
2. Mix into a soft dough and add the oil, and gradually mix more water in until the dough is soft but not sticky.
3. Knead for a minute and set aside.
4. Dice the boiled potato. Cut the beans.
5. Chop the onion, carrot and chilli. Fry these in a little oil, then add the potato, beans and peas.
6. Add the mustard seeds, turmeric and coconut milk.
7. Cook for a few minutes and stir the yoghurt through. Salt to taste.
8. Cut the dough into 3-4 balls, then roll until flat.
9. Cook in a dry frying pan for about 2 minutes each side, until golden brown spots appear.
10. Serve warm, topped with vegetables.