Noodles with Chicken and Corn
Saucepan, frying pan, knife, fish slice, teaspoon
1 pkt Hokkien noodles
1 chicken thigh (boneless) [4 mushrooms] (vegetarian option)
1 fresh corn
1 spring onion
1 baby bok choi
1 long red chilli
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Salt & pepper
1. Bring water to the boil in a saucepan.
2. Add the noodles, turn off heat and keep aside.
3. Slice the corn kernels off the cob.
4. Remove the root of the spring onion, and slice finely.
5. Place the white part of the spring onion with the corn; keep the leaves for garnish.
6. Chop off the bottom of the bok choi, roughly cut, then place with the corn.
7. Slice chilli in half and use a tea spoon to remove seeds and white pith (leave on if you prefer hot chilli).
8. Cut the chilli finely, then place it with the corn.
9. Slice the chicken [mushrooms] into pieces.
10. Pour a little oil into a frying pan and cook the sliced chicken [sliced mushrooms for vegetarians].
11. Add the sliced spring onion, chilli and bok choi and corn.
12. Using a fish slice, remove noodles from the saucepan and add to the frying pan.
13. Stir through and add the soy sauce and spring onion leaves, then mix well.
14. Serve in a bowl.